I have been meaning to blog about our week-long beach trip with Jon’s family for a while now (it’s been almost a month since we went!), but honestly there are just SO many photos, I didn’t know how I would choose and I knew it would take a while to blog about it. So, I am taking the lazy way out and doing a not one, but two-part blog post full of photos from our trip. As you can tell, we did a lot of playing/laying on the beach, hanging out around the house, going out and about around Myrtle Beach, sleeping, and just having some QT with the family.
H mostly played in her little tent while we were on the beach each day (it was perfect and I would highly recommend anyone with a baby getting one for the beach!) and was as happy as could be lying in there with the wind blowing on her. She usually took her morning nap on the beach and then we would take her in for her longer afternoon naps…we had a nice little setup going on and PLENTY of babysitters there with us who all helped us out with her sooo much (I don’t think I fed her any solid food while I was there, as the others were all fighting over who got to do it! ;)).
While I am thinking about it, H had several firsts on this trip:
- first time seeing/getting in the ocean, feeling the sand, etc.
- first carousel ride at Barefoot landing (she was a fan even though she was super tired by the time we got to ride!)
- first time (and several times thereafter) staying with her Great Grandparents (Aldridges)—huge thanks to them for babysitting while she napped/when she woke up and giving us a few extra hours on the beach each day! :)
- first trip to Calabash (have a feeling this was a first of MANY because I love to eat in Calabash)
- first golf cart ride (she LOVED this!)
I have a feeling there are more that I am forgetting, but those are the big ones.
Anyway, we had an absolutely amazing trip, and we did NOT want it to end!! So, without further ado, here are the first half-ish of the
5 billion photos:
OK—all for tonight… more to come (hopefully) tomorrow!